Tuesday, September 26, 2017

When in Rome - A Little Family Humor

I deliberately didn't talk today about the posts of a few students who considered tipping, as a way where opportunism is possible but doesn't happen.  I would like to consider it immediately after we go over the Excel homework on Thursday and try to connect the two ideas.  In some cases tipping is consistent with the theory.  In other cases it requires a different explanation.  If you know the line that starts - When in Rome - that gives a plausible other explanation but it is more sociology than economics.

----------

My wife works for the university and her first initial is also L.  So we occasionally get email meant for the other.  She just forwarded me a message that one of you sent back in August.  So if I don't respond to your email, that is one possible reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment