Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Moodle Activated, Initial Grade Upload Completed

You can access the class site in Moodle now.  We will use this site for the grade book and to post files that probably shouldn't be made publicly available but should be available to members of the class.  Regarding the latter, you should see a folder that includes the survey results for the first four class sessions, with the responses students gave in evaluating the class session.  My reading of this information is that we are getting a little better in class function over time and there is some preference for the horseshoe seating arrangement over the more traditional layout.

On the grades let me explain what I did.  First, when I upload text information rather than numerical grade information that goes into the Feedback column.  This time the text information was the economist used to form your alias and if you wrote the blog post about your economist there is an "x" placed to track that you did the post.  This way you know that I know you did the work.  Every once in a while I miss things - doing clerical work really is not my bag.   When that happens please don't get upset.  Just let me know by email and I will correct the matter soon thereafter.

Regarding points, the bonus points item should have an entry in it.  You get 5 points for each of the evaluation surveys you submit.  I did this for the first four classes only, since those surveys are now done.  I didn't do it for the class session yesterday, since that survey is now pending.  So the most that could be earned is 20 points for now.  Ultimately, the maximum that can be earned over the semester is 50 points.

I also did an upload of the Tutorial Excel homework, even though that too is pending.  I will revise that tomorrow after the homework deadline. I thought for now it will help you to see how you get credit for the homework, for those who have done it already.  You get 10 points for each Excel homework that you turn in.


No comments:

Post a Comment