Thursday, October 5, 2017

Students not keeping up with assigned work

As of now, 18 students have done the Excel Homework that was due last night.  There are 30 students in the class.  On Tuesday, we had 17 in attendance in the live class setting.  That was the lowest number yet during the semester.  The, many students were late with their blog postings, some quite late. 

I have been scratching my head about this regarding what, if anything, I should do.  My tentative answer is to accept Excel Homework that is submitted today, but to tighten what I will accept on the blog posts.  If it is after Saturday, you won't get credit for the posts.  I can't keep up with posts that come in later than that.

I also want to tie the Excel Homework to our notion of leadership that we've been discussing.  So far there has been no student who has completed the homework, either easily or after some struggle, who has made a comment to help fellow students about getting it done.   I am not giving credit for such comments.  But I wonder if they might emerge as a commonplace hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment