Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cost of attending the U of I if a student in Econ

This is information from the Registrar's Web site.  I suppose you get only one bill for the whole thing, so you think of this as the combination of numbers.  I am used to looking at just the first panel, which has the base tuition rate.


And this is the other costs.  Regarding the Campus Fees, apart from health care I believe there are fees for: (a) campus recreation, (b) Library and IT, (c) deferred maintenance, and (d) misc.  That there are such fees, as I understand it, is because the budgeting process fails without them.  In other words, each item is essential to fund, but without a separating line item in the budget, there would be less funding.  Deferred maintenance, in particular, was in disastrous shape, until they set up such a fee.  (DKH, was renovated within the last 10 years because of that fee.)  I think it fair to add the Campus Fees to the Base Tuition and say that is what your tuition is.  The other costs that are itemized, I would not include in tuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment