Thursday, October 19, 2017

Class Attendance Among Those Students Still Registered

I didn't track every class session, but for most of them I did.  We seem to be witnessing a gradual shift downward in attendance.  Later today I will do some simple analysis of the correlation between individual attendance and course performance, as measured by how many points a student has earned to date.  I'm sure the correlation is positive, but I'm not sure how strong it is, so it would be good to see that. 


2 comments:

  1. Are we still doing the class session evaluations? I noticed there wasn't a link posted for evaluations for Tuesday and Today's class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skipped this week but will resume next week for a few more sessions. I mainly lectured on Tuesday, and today too, so it didn't make much sense to do. I will try to move the lecture stuff online so we can have more discussion in the live session.

      Delete