Saturday, October 28, 2017

First Drafts In - A Little Droll Humor

I am just back from a nice tailgate at a friends house (so we avoided the bad weather).  The first quarter of the game had ended and the Illini are down only one touchdown - a moral victory. 

Every team has now submitted a draft.  I relabeled many of the submissions so the team name comes first.



At the tailgate, my reputation is to crack jokes in context (not canned ones as I have told in class) and I did that and then some.  That coupled with the very good food has tired me out.  So it is nap time for me.  After that, I will start in on reviewing the papers.

I did want to point out that some of you said funny lines, I think inadvertently.  There were a couple of teams that labeled their submissions as Rough Draft, which might be accurate but isn't very good marketing.  What am I to think of it, given that label.  Some others, wishing to be polite in their messages, said - enjoy your weekend.  If you were reviewing student papers, would you enjoy the weekend?

Remember that your professor is a princess, as in the story.  Your writing is the pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment