Friday, December 15, 2017

Paper and Virtual Elevator Speech Grades Have Been Uploaded Into Moodle

Comments on the projects have also been uploaded.

Regarding the virtual elevator speeches - a few teams did a a full presentation, either by going longer or by having a lot of text per slide (or both).  This is what a lot of presenters do the first time through.  They don't understand the audience so they expect to have more time than they actually will.  Keeping it simple is the goal.

I mostly evaluated the elevator speeches on slide title and image selection.  Some presentations were glitzy, others more run of the mill.  That might matter to others.  It didn't matter to me.  No team did a perfect job on this, but some teams were a bit better than others.

Also, now that the discretionary grading part of the course is over, you should know that I was quite biased toward rewarding doing the work and much less concerned with how the work was done, given that the students appeared to be trying.  I wouldn't have said this before the project was due, and I might take down this particular post if I teach the class next year, but really all of this is intermediate product.  The effort part is what counts for learning. 

There was some variation in the points on the projects, but not a lot. Also, in our class you aren't in competition with the other teams.  This is not a tournament.  We're grading on an absolute scale.

I need to proofread the quiz tomorrow when I'm fresh, to make sure there are no silly errors in it.  But I think we're good to go for that last bit of the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment