Sunday, November 26, 2017

Where I am on the Second Drafts/Moving on to the last phase of the project

So far I have received submissions from 7 teams.  I have read and returned 5 of them and I am done for today.  If I didn't get to yours yet, I apologize.  Something else came up today and that took a chunk of time.  I will get it back to you tomorrow.  If your team hasn't yet submitted the second draft, you better get it to me tomorrow, early afternoon by the latest.  Otherwise, your team will be put in jeopardy for not doing the work. 

Many teams didn't do the references correctly.  While I try to be causal about many matters, references in papers are something that academics take seriously.  In the body of the paper, the reference should read Last Name of Author(s) (year of publication).  Then at the end of the paper there should be a references list with a full citation of the paper.  You ultimate submission of the your paper has to have the references done correctly. 

In addition, I marked up papers, as my way to read through them again seriously.  I want to note that I enjoyed the cover letters and really it is the best thing I did about the project - requiring them.  One thing I hope you get from my class is that thinking is conversation.  The cover letters are conversation with your thinking in response to mine.  I wish I could do more assignments like that. 

However, I didn't mark them up.  From the point of view of production, the cover letters are intermediate product.  The next version of the paper that you will submit is closer to final product.

Once I receive those and verify the references are done okay, I will post your papers to a folder in Moodle, so if you are interested you can see the papers of other teams.  Having your paper posted in Moodle means your team is cleared to do the last phase of the project, the virtual elevator speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment